We pay a few dollars a month for a phone number and for a few hundred minutes of calling US numbers. The best part is that we can make calls from anywhere in the world. A traditional phone plan allows you to only make calls in the US. Seeing as we’ve spent maybe 2 months in the last year in the US… that would be kind of a waste.
- Skype is good at getting online and a few times at airports that only sell wifi, skype can sometimes charge your account to get online.
- Signals are good and communication is good even on shotty wifi… most of the time.
- Voice mail
- Being able to login and call from multiple devices. I can call from my phone or laptop.
- No Text SMS at all on your phone number.
- It’s not cloud based. Minor detail but contacts and history will be on your phone/computer and not in the cloud.